To ensure maximum growth of your triceps, it is important to target all its three heads (lateral, long and medial). Only this way you’ll be able to maximize the size and ensure a continuous progress.
Basically, you must learn how to position your arms in such a way that the longer head of your triceps is engaged for maximum stimulation. And it’s only stretched properly when the arm is raised overhead, which means, the overhead extensions are probably the best way for growth and development.
Because our primary goal is the longer head, which is attached just above the shoulder joint, here are five exercises that targets them effectively.
Target The Long Head Of Triceps For Huge Growth
1. One-Arm Overhead Cable Extensions
It’s a great exercise to do as it keeps your triceps under constant tensions throughout the exercise.
One-Arm Overhead Cable Extensions How-To:
- Directly grab the cable with the left hand without using any attachments.
- You should stand facing away from the pulley machine.
- Now, keep the back straight and extend the cable upward using your elbows till the triceps are fully contracted.
- Hold the position for a second and lower it to the starting position.
Do three sets of 8-12 reps each.