2. Overhead Rope Extensions
Probably, one of the most effective cable variations that has an easy form and technique to learn.
Overhead Rope Extensions How-To:
- Firstly, attach a rope at the bottom of the pulley machine.
- Now, grab it with both your hands and extend your hands above your head with a neutral grip i-e your palms facing each other.
- Also, keep the elbows close to your head while the arms perpendicular.
- Start by gradually lowering the rope behind your head until the triceps are fully stretched.
- Hold this position for a second and return to your starting position.
Do three sets of 8-12 reps each.
3. One-Arm Overhead Dumbbell Extensions
This is pretty much similar to the one-arm cable extension with the only difference that you’ll be using a dumbbell and there will be no tension.
One-Arm Overhead Dumbbell Extensions How-To:
- Grab a dumbbell in your left hand and extend it overhead.
- Now, gradually lower it behind your head until the longer head is fully stretched.
- Hold the position for a second and return to your starting position.
- Switch dumbbell and repeat.
Do three sets of 6-8 reps for each side.