How to Perform Dumbbell Rows:
While there are several different variations for doing the dumbbell rows but here is the most popular one that we prefer.
- Grab a dumbbell of heavier weight than usual and place it on one side of a flat bench.
- Now, place your left knee on the edge of the bench and your left hands just in front of it such that your back is parallel to the floor.
- Now, using your right hand, grab the dumbbell but don’t lift it off the floor. This will be your starting position.
- Now press your left hand into the bench for extra support, and row the dumbbell towards your waist. You’ll feel a strong contraction in your lats and mid-back.
- Gradually lower the dumbbell back towards the floor and go for another rep.
- Switch sides and do the same.
- Aim for three sets of 8-12 reps each with a heavier dumbbell.
- To increase the tension in back muscles, focus on rowing the dumbbell using your elbows when you raise it towards your waist.
- When you lower the dumbbell towards the floor, give it an extra stretch of an inch or two. This will stimulate the back muscles more effectively.
- While pulling the dumbbell towards your waist, focus on squeezing the shoulder blades for maximum support.
- Wear a wrist strap if using a very heavy dumbbell.