Late night snacking can ruin an entire day of eating healthy and working out. Most of the time, they are usually for junk foods that we don’t need.
Not only that, the majority of the people think that to shed some extra fat, the best way is to stop eating after dinner. Here is what usually happens when you try not to eat anything after dinner:
- If you manage to go through those tough hours and sleep, you wake up with zero energy and a feeling of starvation. This makes the start of your day hard.
- No matter how hard you try, you still have cravings for salty chips, ice cream, and other treats, which are considered unhealthy for your gains and physique.
- With a completely empty and roaring stomach, you naturally get a bad temper and often at times sulky. People will obviously avoid you.
Forget the myth that your body won’t burn off anything you eat right before sleep. Try out these 5 late-night protein snacks to make some gains and not ruin your diet.
Protein Snack Ideas
1. Protein Ice Cream
Let’s kick this off with our favorite snack, ice cream. To prepare this healthy late-night snack, you only need two ingredients and a bit of patience.
- ½ cup Cellucor Marshmallow and Peanut Butter Whey Protein Powder. You can also use a chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 big tub of 2% Greek Yogurt, approx. 500 grams
How to Prepare?
You need a large square Tupperware container. Mix the yogurt and protein powder into a separate bowl, ensuring you have no protein powder that is not mixed in.
Finally, add a thin layer of this delicious mixture in Tupperware container for a faster chill. Place it in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes.
Now take the mixture out of the freezer and if you see any protein clumps use a fork and mix some more. Put the mixture back in the freezer for another 30-minutes. Finally, remove it from the freezer, turn on your favorite show and enjoy.
This treat delivers 511 calories, 10-13g fat, 22g carbs and 76g protein.
2. Low Fat Cottage Cheese with Berries and Almonds
Low fat cottage cheese is packed with whey protein and casein, which would help to fuel your muscles for their repair and growth throughout the night. This delicious snack takes very little time to prepare.
- ½ cup fresh berries
- 10-12 almonds
- 1 cup cottage cheese
How to Prepare?
Take a small bowl and add the cottage cheese in it. Next, add the berries and mix with a spoon. Make sure the berries don’t break while you mix them. Sprinkle some almonds on top if you’d like and enjoy this tasty treat.
This snack contains 290 calories, 21g carbs, 11g fat and 29g protein.