Losing fat and shedding off those extra pounds is one of the most daunting tasks of fitness; especially when you are struggling with improving your physique. While running or jogging are effective methods, not everybody likes it or is able to do it daily.
So, we pulled out a very effective routine that consists of 5 exercises that are more effective than running or jogging, and burn fat fast along with improving your strength and body composition.
We’ll be focusing on complete bodyweight training that includes other health benefits like improving your heart and lung health, posture, digestion, joint function and brain function.
Burn Fat Fast Without Running
Undoubtedly, one of the most effective bodyweight training, that targets all major muscle groups and raises your heart rate instantly for maximum calorie burning.
It’ll help torch more of your belly fat as compared to doing hours and hours of cardio but definitely will be tough in the beginning. Don’t worry; you’ll get along once you know the right technique.
- Firstly, stand with your feet at shoulder width apart and your body weight on your heels. Keep the arms by your sides.
- Now, push your hips back and bend your knees. Finally, lower the body in a squat position.
- Next, place your hands on the floor direction in front, just inside your feet and shift the weight on them.
- Quickly jump your feet back in such a way that they and just outside of your hands.
- Now, reach your arms overhead and jump into the air explosively.
- Now land and immediately go for another rep.
Continued on the next page…
Another powerful exercise that involves more of your back muscles but workouts on the entire body and help in strengthening the core.
- Hang on the pull-up bar with your hands more than shoulder’s width apart.
- Now, pull using your back muscles until your chin reaches the bar.
- Take a small pause here.
- Gradually lower your body to your starting position and for another rep.
- You can do the same with your hands less than shoulder’s width apart.
Nothing better than doing squats and that do with an average pace. You won’t be taking any rest in between your reps. Just go full on with it without any pause.
- Place your feet more than your shoulders width and extend your arms in front of you with the palms facing downward.
- Now, lower your body by putting the weight on your hips.
- Keep on lowering till your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Now, push yourself back to your starting position and immediately lower again for another rep.
Continued on the next page…
We’ll use the conventional method and our pace will be high this time as our goal is to increase the heart rate, engage more muscles and burn calories fast.
- Position yourself in a traditional push-up position but your hands must be placed more than shoulder’s width apart. This will make the exercise intense.
- Now, lower your body till your chest is an inch or half above the ground.
- Do as many reps as fast as you can until failure.
This exercise may seem pretty easy, but it’s easier said than done. For beginners, you should hold the plank position for 30-60 seconds, intermediate for about 60-90 seconds and advance players 90+ seconds.
- Lie on the floor in a push-up position but this time your weight should be on your forearms. Close your fist.
- Keep the core tight and your hip slightly up.
- Hold this position for long as you can. You’ll feel a great contraction in your abdominal and core area.