If you’ve ever watched a TED talk, you know that they are the perfect combination of entertaining, fun, inspiring, and educational. In these non-profit videos, experts share their insight on “Ideas Worth Spreading.” Whether you want to improve your fitness, health, or happiness, these nine talks will surely stimulate your thinking.
1. How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over – Mel Robbins
A very charismatic Mel Robbins shows the negative connection between our habits and true productivity. Here’s an intro on moving from the impulse to the activation.
2. A Hilarious Celebration Of Lifelong Female Friendship – Jane Fonda And Lily Tomlin
Lily Tomplin (award-winning comedian) and Jane Fonda (actor, fitness enthusiast, and activist) discuss the importance of strong friendships with women and men alike. “Not having close female friends is detrimental to your health, as bad as smoking or being overweight!” – Lily Tomlin
3. Teach Every Child About Food – Jamie Oliver
Chef and television personality Jamie Oliver shares his passion for nutrition by pointing out the health discrepancies in American culture like obesity. If you want to know how to change bad nutritional habits, watch this.
4. How Healthy Living Nearly Killed Me – A.J.Jacobs
In this funny talk, AJ Jacobs presents his true story on searching for and finding himself through pleasure, joy, and living socially.
5. Getting Stuck In The Negatives – Alison Ledgerwood
Alison Ledgerwood, a social psychologist, breaks down why people either see the glass as half-way full, empty, or full.
Learn The Truth About Sexual Rewards On The Next Page…
6. Studying Sexual Rewards: It May Not Be Orgasm – Dr. Nicole Prause
Dr. Prause gives an elaborate and humorous presentation on the misconception of sexual rewards, sexual behavior, and the orgasm.
7. Why Some People Find Exercise Harder Than Others – Emily Balcetis
Emily Balcetis uses research to describe how motivation and body image affects the mental capacity to exercise harder.
8. Plant-Strong & Healthy Living – Rip Esselstyn
Rip Esselsyn discusses his passion for using plant-based foods to prevent cancer, heart disease, and high cholesterol levels.
9. Healing Through Diet – Dean Ornish
Dr. Ornish trains hospitals throughout the country on saving patients without having to go through surgery. He deals with loneliness, depression, binge eating, drinking, obesity, cardiovascular disease, and several ways of bypassing pain. He speaks about how diet change and lifestyle can reverse cardiovascular disease!